Asphalt Paving Superintendent
CWR is a growing road construction company. We are seeing an experienced Asphalt Paving Superintendent for our Wildwood operations. This is a management position requiring the supervision and coordination of activities of the Asphalt Paving Foremen and crew members engaged in spreading, rolling, tamping, and patching asphalt or similar material to form surfaces of highways, streets, parking lots, aircraft landing strips, and driveways.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the safety of crew members and the public who may interact with the job
- Train Asphalt Foremen and new crew members
- Calculate the number of trucks required to haul asphalt from the hot plant according to vehicle capacity, traffic conditions, distance from the work site, and productivity of drivers
- Tour job sites to ascertain progress in meeting time schedules, detect insufficient utilization of workers and equipment, measure slope and material thickness to verify compliance with contracts, and supervise the job
- Supervise and coordinate crew activities, study production schedules, and estimate work requirements for completion of job assignments in compliance with or beating the job estimate
- Maintain time and materials records necessary to complete daily job costing, prepare progress reports on the material used, cost, and adjusts the work schedule accordingly
- Ensure all projects are completed in a safe and efficient manner and in accordance with company policy, and in compliance with federal, state and local governing laws, ordinances, and policies
- Recommend measures to improve productions methods, equipment performance, product quality, and crew performance
- Directly supervise multiple crews
- 5+ years of experience managing paving crews required
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Asphalt Paving Levels 1 & 2 required
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals to compute rate, ratio, percent, and land to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to type and use keyboards accurately and possess knowledge of Database software
- Ability to operate equipment safely and efficiently
- Ability to keep time and material records
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions and communicate effectively
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills and attributes
- Must be able to meet company MVR requirements and have a valid Florida driver’s license
- Employer conducts drug screening and background check
- Click the “Apply Now” button below to complete an application online
- Send resume to email@example.com
- Or apply in person or by mail to: C.W. Roberts Contracting, Inc. 2102 Jim Johnson Road Plant City FL 33566
We offer competitive salaries and fringe benefits.
EOE/AA, DFWP, We Honor Those Who Have Served.
Position open until filled.