BACKHOE AND/OR TRACKHOE OPERATOR
CWR is seeking Backhoe and/or Trackhoe. This position is based in Freeport, Florida.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check all fluid levels at the beginning of engine startup for the day and monitor gauges and fluid levels throughout the day during operation.
- Monitor the operation of the hoe throughout the workday, maintain awareness of unusual noises or operations, and bring any exception of the attention of the supervisor.
- Perform light mechanical adjustments and/or assist mechanic in performing repairs on assigned equipment, assist with the lubrication and fueling of the hoe.
- The ability to perform a variety of tasks which may include cleaning or cutting ditches, fine grading, shaping subgrades, base materials, backfilling, laying pipe, loading trucks, and hoisting.
- The ability to make cuts in the area of known utilities without causing damage to the underground utility, work boom, and bucket around overhead lines without causing damage.
- The ability to operate the hoe in a manner to assure the safety of personnel around the equipment.
- The ability to operate the hoe in a manner to prevent damage to the equipment or injury to the operator.
- The ability to operate the hoe around structures, tools, and equipment so as not to damage the structures tools or equipment, and closely monitor the position of the boom and bucket so as to not damage surrounding structures.
- Keep hoe clean and in orderly condition, keep tracks on trackhoe clean.
- Follow all safety rules and company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Over 1 year and up to 3 years’ experience on a Backhoe / Trackhoe.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must be able to work days, nights, or weekends as needed
- Able to complete all required paperwork efficiently
- Must be able to meet company MVR requirements and have a valid Florida driver’s license
- Employer conducts drug testing and background check
- Click the “Apply Now” button below to complete an application online
- Send resume to email@example.com
- Or apply in person or by mail to: C.W. Roberts Contracting, Inc. 160 Industrial Park Road, Freeport FL 32439
We offer competitive salaries and fringe benefits.
An Equal Opportunity Employer/AA, DFWP, We Honor Those Who Have Served.
Position open until filled.