cONSTRUCTION eNGINEER/cIVIL ESTIMATOR
Plant City, Florida
C.W. Roberts Contracting, Inc. (CWR) is seeking to fill a Construction Engineer / Civil Estimator opening for our Plant City operations. As one of Florida’s premier heavy civil contractors, CWR provides the finest quality asphalt paving and highway construction projects throughout the state.
The Construction Engineer / Civil Estimator will be responsible for performing the essential functions described below under the direct supervision of the Area Manager.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review tender documents, plans and specifications
- Perform detailed quantity take-offs using AGTEK and Bluebeam
- Solicit and receive quotes from suppliers and subcontractors
- Attend site visits and take field measurements as required for preparing quotations
- Responsible for Contact Management (CRM) database entry and maintenance
- Review all plans and specifications, permits, set of drawings, and owner requirements with Estimator
- Prepare bid proposal
- Prepare drawing list (put documents in appropriate files)
- Process and distribute all R.F.I.s for estimating and job addendums
- Respond to all subcontractor inquiries in relation to bids
- Prepare subcontractor comparison sheets for evaluation
- Prepare estimate turnovers for project managers
- Assist estimator in generating scope of work for all trades
- Prepare Owner / PM bid books
- Prepare post‐bid buyouts
- Prepare call list and follow up for coverage
- Develop and maintain positive client/subcontractor relationships
- Estimate projects using HCSS Heavy Bid software
- Assist field management with cost controls and change orders
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or construction related field required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in road construction industry with bidding proficiency required
- Must be proficient in Excel
- Ability to organize and manage time and duties efficiently
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Employer conducts drug screening and background check
- Florida driver’s license required as estimators frequently travel to and from the office
- Send resume to email@example.com
We offer competitive salaries and fringe benefits.
EOE/AA, DFWP, We Honor Those Who Have Served.
Position open until filled.