FIELD ENGINEER INTERNSHIP
Locations Include: Tallahassee, Freeport, Pensacola, Panama City, Palm City, Plant City and Wildwood, Florida
C.W. Roberts Contracting, Inc. (CWR) is seeking current Civil Engineering or Construction Management students to join our team! We are offering a 12-week paid internship program for our summer session, that will give you real work experience in our industry.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform work both in the office and in the field in the following areas, including but not limited to:
- Accounting: job budgets and billing, entries, time and payroll processing, subcontractor pay, material inventory
- Asphalt Operations: asphalt plant, roadway operations and quality control
- Fleet and Transportation: equipment and costs, operations, dispatching, traffic control
- Grading: general grade knowledge, job process including ordering materials, DOT pre-con requirements, quantities, purchase and change order processes, production, quality control, specifications, GPS
- Safety: hazards and hazard mitigation, incident processing, safety procedures, JSA’s, PPE, maintenance of traffic
- Scheduling/Estimating: contracts, specifications, software, quantities take off’s, building estimates and crews, reporting, pricing and plans
- Surveying: survey process, control points, machine setup, grading, sloping, drainage and layouts, GPS
- Utilities: production, quality control, sewer line and manhole installation, materials, scope, operations, plans
Adherence to safety requirements and procedures
Other duties as assigned
- Current student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- Ability to organize and manage time and duties efficiently
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Employer conducts drug screening and background check
- Florida driver’s license required as field engineer will frequently travel to and from the office
- Send resume to email@example.com
We offer competitive salaries and fringe benefits.
EOE/AA, DFWP, We Honor Those Who Have Served.
Position open until filled.