C.W. Roberts Contracting, Inc. (CWR) is a growing road construction company. We are seeking an experienced Project Manager for our Freeport operations. This position requires 5+ years of private and public project management experience, with an emphasis on civil construction. This position is based in Freeport, Florida.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Must have 5+ years of civil construction project management and site development experience
- Must have experience in the efficient management of one or more projects (private and public) ranging from $550k – $15 million
- Must have experience in the basic responsibilities of project management including: scheduling, labor, materials, subcontractors, change orders, cash flows, and marketing
- Proven ability to supervise either directly, or through subordinates, all construction operations on assigned projects to achieve maximum efficiency and performance on time and within the assigned budget
- Proven ability to monitor the status of assigned projects and bring suggestions for improvements to the Area Manager in areas such as crew size, performance methods, techniques, work quality, value engineering, etc.
- Must monitor closely all cost and yields within the area of responsibility and be constantly alert to any changes in the relationship of these areas which may be adverse
- Must conduct a continuous evaluation of following items: Plans and schedules, salaries, promotions, and job assignments, equipment performance and needs, personnel needs, quality control, customer relations, on the job training, job safety, security, crime prevention procedures and subcontractor relations
- Must coordinate and control the work of all subcontractors including compliance with job specifications, and company policies and procedures
- Proven ability to monitor and review all required daily reports and verify their correctness
- Must study and be knowledgeable of all local ordinances and laws concerning construction and its related activities to ensure compliance and arrange for permits as needed
- Must be knowledgeable as to all aspects of safety, OSHA, equal employment and affirmative action programs
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in construction industry with demonstrated expertise in project management and site development
- Must be proficient in Excel
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to organize and manage time and duties efficiently
- Employer conducts drug screening and background check
- Must be able to meet company MVR requirements and have a valid Florida driver’s license
- Click the “Apply Now” button below to complete an application online
- Send resume to email@example.com
We offer competitive salaries and fringe benefits.
EOE/AA, DFWP, We Honor Those Who Have Served.
Position open until filled.