CWR Contracting, Inc., has an immediate opening for a Safety Specialist. The Safety Specialist has the ultimate responsibility for implementing the company’s comprehensive safety program. This individual will report to the Corporate Safety Director. This position will be based out of Wildwood, FL.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates safety practices of CWR personnel to ensure OSHA guidelines are followed
- Conduct job site inspections to ensure compliance with JSAs (Job Safety Analysis) and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Evaluate and analyze safety-related incidents essential for continuous improvement of the safety program
- Understanding and implementation of OSHA standards
- Completion of timely safety reports
- Assist in developing and updating safety policies in conjunction with the Safety Director
- Communicates and coordinates with the management team effectively and efficiently
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Safety Specialist required
- 3 years of road construction/underground experience required
- OSHA 30 required
- OSHA 500 preferred
- FDOT Advanced MOT Certification required
- Bilingual abilities preferred
- Strong record-keeping and organization skills with attention to detail
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; ability to master local operational software
- Out-of-town travel as required by the company needs
- Must be able to meet company MVR requirements and have a valid Florida driver’s license
- Employer conducts drug testing and background check
- Click the “Apply Now” button below to complete an application online
- Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer competitive salaries and fringe benefits. Company vehicle included. Salary commensurate with experience.
EOE/AA, DFWP, We Honor Those Who Have Served.
Position open until filled.