Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Requires observation of the distribution of paving material along the screed and control of the screed to eliminate voids at curbs and joints
- Will set up screed electronics in conjunction with the paver operator
- Will perform normal adjustments for obtaining proper depth, grade, and finished cross section of asphalt material via screed control
- Estimates the overall quantity needed for the project and quantity needed for the correct grade in the finished surface
- Requires a thorough understanding of all aspects of the paving industry including, but not limited to, prep work, grades, drainage, paving patterns, job specifications, compaction, and other details related to asphalt paving
- Must be able to perform light mechanical adjustments and assist with mechanic repairs on assigned equipment
- Follow safe practices and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2 years’ working knowledge of screed operation on the asphalt paver in the construction, maintenance, and repair of roads, highways, parking lots, and other large job sites
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must be able to work days, nights, or weekends as needed
- Able to complete all required paperwork efficiently
- Must be able to meet company MVR requirements and have a valid Florida driver’s license
- Employer conducts drug testing and background check
- Click the “Apply Now” button below to complete an application online
- Send resume to email@example.com
- Apply in person or by mail to: C.W. Roberts Contracting, Inc. 22574 NE SR 20 Hosford, FL 32334
We offer competitive salaries and fringe benefits.
EOE/AA, DFWP, We Honor Those Who Have Served.
Position open until filled.